Thursday 17 April 2014

Keep Calm and Love London

After some much needed slumber, Ayala and I gladly awoke to the greetings of the crisp morning sunshine that pleasantly illuminated Ayala's pretty little minimalist bedroom. 

After swiftly showering, throwing on some clothes and dabbing on some makeup, our revived, upbeat selves headed out for breakfast.

We arrived in Angel, in the hope of indulging in peanut butter and banana milkshakes Ayala had been desperate to introduce me to. But being the eager beavers that we were, we had arrived before the cafe was open! So we decided to find a park bench, to sit back and revel in the serene hours of the mornings. 
 As lovely as it was, it was getting a bit chilly, and so with our fingers and toes crossed (we really wanted those milkshakes!), we ventured back to the milkshake place, only to be disappointed by the fact that it was still closed! Not to mention it had started to rain!

But you know what they say... everything happens for a reason! Ayala and I were obviously fated towards something a little more awesome than a peanut butter and banana milkshake...because we ended up at The Breakfast Club....
 ... with both milkshakes and two very delicious breakfast meals!
Ayala's breakfast was a delicious concoction of spinach and poached egg on toasted English muffin bathed in hollandaise, aka eggs florentine.
...and my beast of a breakfast was apple and cinnamon french toast; wonderfully thick eggy bread with cinnamon roasted apples, aka heaven on earth!
The best hasn't even come yet! ....Elvis Shakes; made with vanilla ice-cream, peanut butter and banana!
I simply could not get enough. Honestly, I have never had a milkshake as scrumptious as this one! 
 If you have never been to The Breakfast Club before, I highly recommend it! There are five dotted around London, in Angel, Soho, Hoxton, Spital Fields and Battersea Rise, and there's one coming soon by London Bridge! 

Impregnated with delightful breakfast food we were all set to pursue our second day of London adventuring.
First stop... the ultra impressive Oxford Circus Topshop! Topshop is my favourite store, without a doubt, I purchase most of my clothes there. It was my first time exploring the flagship UK Topshop store, and my gosh, was I in for a treat! I mean not only is it Topshop, but it's the largest fashion store in the world! It has five floors, including a nail bar, tailoring service, hair salon, cafe,

                                                         .....and let's not forget bubble tea...
...frozen yoghurt...
 ....
or cupcakes!
Of course I found a hundred and one things to try on, everything in season is so beautiful! I fell in love with this cute little number, I may just have to have a cheeky purchase of it before my trip to Italy in June so it can roam the streets of Rome, Florence and Venice with me! What do you think?
After our little field trip to Topshop, we met up with Saoni for lunch. Saoni also studies in London, and is another friend of mine from high school in Singapore, whom I also hadn't seen since the summer of 2012, so it was so lovely to meet with her and have a good ol' catch up!

Everybody meet Saoni!
We had lunch at Scandinavian Kitchen on Oxford Street. After our feast of a breakfast, Ayala and I could only manage something small for lunch, so this was the perfect spot! We spent a good hour or so chatting away, enjoying our food and discussing law and psychology with our friendly neighbour on the table beside.
Once the conversation with our neighbour fizzled out we took the opportunity to get back out onto the streets of London and have a nosy in the shops.
Yet another beautiful creation that I feasted my eyes upon and instantly secured my heart to. These would fit in so perfectly with my collection of doc martens... do I foresee my fourth pair??
Tearing myself away from my soul mate in shoe form, we continued to wander the streets of pretty little London, not forgetting to take some selfies (god forbid we forget!)...

After stopping for a quick bite to eat for dinner (I know, we're always eating!), we went to celebrate our reunion at London's leading cocktail bar Be At One. Where we enjoyed two for one Cuban Zombie cocktails! I'd never had a Cuban Zombie before... it was delicious! If you're a fan of rum then this may just tickle your tastebuds, and the passion fruit, pineapple and citrus juices all pleasantly add to the fun!
Cocktails with my Singapore girls was certainly my idea of a perfect end to the perfect day!
-Alyssa xo

No comments:

Post a Comment