Monday 16 September 2013

Last Week in España

So it's my last week in Spain until the christmas holidays! I can't believe it! My summer has been so incredibly long (four months!), yet it seemed to fly by! I've been so busy these past four months, and i've had such an amazing summer, and these last three weeks in Spain have been the perfect end to my holiday.

I had a really nice, relaxed night on friday. I went out to dinner with Chloe (my sister) and two of her friends. We went to a really cosy italian restaurant in Soto Grande. It was by a port so it was really pretty, by the water and boats.


My beautiful sister by the port.


Yacke and Emii. The restaurant gave us blankets (as you can see on their laps) because we were sitting outside and it was relatively windy. How sweet ^^ All restaurants should offer comfy blankets!


I love Soto Grande, I find it really pretty. I came here for dinner with Logan in January, and we tried to cross the beach, from one side to the other... in complete darkness. Well, me being a wuss, we only got half way because I was grabbing onto his arm like a little girl, terrified of being eaten alive by a wild dog, or some kind of nighttime beach monster ^^


Photo credits to Chloe ^^
Chloe and I taking selfies... the usual sisterly shenanigans ^^



Saturday, I went to Algeciras with my family to do some shopping. I took some photos in the square where we stopped to have tapas. It was really colourful, and very 'spanish looking', so I felt the need to take some photos haha ^^





Tapas for lunch again, yay! This dish is called boquerones en vinagre (anchovies in vinegar). I love anchovies, but I actually wasn't that keen on these ones, because the vinegar was too overpowering.


This dish is called ensalada russa (russian salad), and it's one of my favourite tapas dishes. I love potato salads!


This dish is called patatas bravas. It's just potato chunks sprinkled in a sauce... it's good!


After lunch we headed to a shopping mall, which I don't think i've been to before, maybe when I was little... but I don't remember. Anyway, it was a really great mall, but I only managed to go into some shops due to lack of time. BOO! However, I did manage to buy myself yet another pair of boots! Oops. I now officially own seven pairs of boots... don't ask me how it happened... because I honestly don't know how. Well, actually yes I do, they were so pretty, I couldn't NOT get them!? I bought them in a store called Marypaz, this store is everywhere here! And everytime I go in I want to buy something. My sister bought me these really nice shoes for my birthday from there that I had had my eye on, I still haven't worn them yet though because i'd probably break my neck wearing them in rainy Wales, on a drunken night out walking up and down slippery hills! Eek, no thank you! I might give them a go this winter though, as long a taxi ride instead of walking is guaranteed! ^^


After my guilty purchase, we had coffee and dohnuts at a cafe called Duffin Dagles, which is pretty much the same as Dunkin' Dohnuts... haha ^^



Chloe and our shared dohnut (I totally could have had my own, but I decided against my greed ^^).


Yesterday, I spent the day in the sun, and my family had a BBQ. I'm a sucker for sardines, I absolutely love them, especially grilled. I thought my family and I were the only people on the planet that liked sardines... but apparently not... my bestie Rita loves them too! I've always told her we were soul sisters, and our love for sardines just proves it. Amen. ^^


My gorgeous, gorgeous dog Gizmo! No, Gizmo is not a boy, she is in fact a girl. Because her name isn't very girly, everybody mistakes her for a boy, poor thing! She's my cuddle buddy, my little Gizmo, and i'm going to miss her so much when I go back to the UK! D: She's just a fluffy bundle of joy and she never fails to make me smile ^^


-Alyssa xo

No comments:

Post a Comment