Monday 6 January 2014

¡Feliz Fiestas!

¡Feliz Fiestas! Here in Spain today it is the dia de los Reyes (three Kings day). Dia de los Reyes is an important day in Spain, which celebrates the day that the three Kings reached Bethlehem after Christ's birth. It's pretty much as important as Christmas itself here in Spain, with parades, candy, presents and quality time spent with family. I always enjoyed dia de los Reyes as a child, especially the parades, all excited for the mass of candy being thrown at you and the frantic rush of trying to collect as much as possible to put in a bag and take home to eat (although I was never a very good candy enthusiast as a child, and never actually got around to eating many ^^)!

My family, Logan and I went to the San Roque los Reyes parade last night and although I'm not so much (?) of a child anymore (...debatable...), I still really enjoyed it, and I'm so glad that Logan was able to experience it for a second time (we went last year too!).

We arrived in San Roque a weeee bit early, so decided to spent our time waiting making use of our fancy shmancy cameras ^^
 The family waiting patiently for the procession to begin.
Wish I had a photo of my sister and I as kids at a Kings procession to show you just how much cuter we were back in the good ol' days of primary school, imaginary games and matching outfits (seriously)! ^^
Anddddd, the parade finally begins!
 ...

 Yet another cute little memory for the books with this cheeky one ^^
And for those of you who couldn't make it to the parade, have no fear, because I recorded it for you! Enjoy your first Reyes procession!

 -Alyssa xo

2 comments:

  1. aww we have something like that in Philippines too, candies are thrown etc but I forgot what it was called cuz i was little when we had those celebrations haha, what time does the parade start? it looks like its either really late at night/early morning :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe ^^ this one started at about 7-7.30pm ish xx

      Delete