Sunday 5 January 2014

Thanks for the Memories 2013

Before we get too sucked into 2014, I wanted to dedicate a post to reflect upon my year in 2013! 2013 was such an amazing year for me, it was filled with many magical moments, and I certainly had a year full of love and laughter, thanks to all those around me, namely my family, Logan and my friends. I could list thousands of worthwhile moments from 2013 that made the year what is was, but I'll spare you the lengthy read, and pinpoint a few ^^
....

Firstly, 2013 started off perfectly! It was the first new year celebration my family and I experienced living in Spain, and Logan's visit meant that I got to share his first time in Europe with him!

Secondly, I finished my first year of university with really good grades! Which really boosted my confidence and made me all the more determined to keep working hard to achieve the final grades that I want. 

Thirdly, I had one of the best summers of my life! Logan visited me in Wales to kick start my four month summer break. We climbed Mount Snowdon with my friends, explored Llandudno, spent a day in Chester and we just appreciated the company of one another. Once Logan went back to the U.S, my parents and my sister met me in England, and we spent 2 weeks looking around universities for Chloe ( I can't believe my little sister starts University this year!). Whilst in England I also got to see my aunt, uncle, cousin and grandparents, which I always really appreciate.Then we went back to Spain and I spent time with my family and worked to earn the money that I used to pay for my flight to the U.S! I had such a wonderful month in America with Logan. We travelled to three different states; Tennessee, Iowa and Illinois. We certainly did not waste any day we had together, because we were busy every single day, seeing the sights, and creating many wonderful memories.

Moving into the new house in Bangor with my Bangor besties was certainly a 2013 highlight for me. I have had such a great semester in the new house and I am so thankful to my friends for keeping me happy and optimistic.

Last but not least, my Christmas and New Year celebrations in Spain this year ended the year so wonderfully! Granada is so beautiful during Christmas and it just added so much to the festivity! My time in Granada was spent shopping, adoring the pretty Christmas street lights, eating churros and spending quality time with my family.

I could never get enough of churros! 
My puppies are the cutest things, they are the best cuddly bears and they always manage to cheer me up whenever I need a little uplift. I know you all know just how much I love my dogs...I could talk about them till my mouth fell off!
                 
Abuelo with his santa hat on ^^ I love mis abuelos so much, and I really enjoyed my week in Granada spending quality time with them. I  have had so many fun times with them and I am so lucky to have such lovely grandparents!
              
I can't believe Christmas is already over! I was excited about it for so long, and it's come and gone so quickly! I had such a perfect Christmas, and although I'm quite the creature of habit, and this years celebrations were quite different to my usual family traditions, I loved it all the same.
                              
 My New Years Eve could not have been spent any better, with the company of both my family and Logan, a wonderfully cooked meal, followed by a game of UNO whilst waiting for the countdown, and then the Spanish family tradition of eating grapes to every dong of the countdown clock, the toasting to a new year with champagne and a mini firework show as seen from my garden with thanks to the neighbors ^^ It was a cosy little new years eve, and it was spent with my favorite company. 
                                 
                              
My year in 2013 both started and ended with a bang, big beautiful ones, and I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to share a lot of the times in between with you all! I've loved having this blog, and I'm so glad that I created it back in June. I'm so incredibly excited to continue and share my journey into 2014 with you all!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope the first few days of 2014 have treated you super duper well!

-Alyssa xo

No comments:

Post a Comment