Monday 23 December 2013

Granada Preciosa

Hola otra vez mis amigos! I had such a wonderful day yesterday in Granada city center that I just couldn't resist telling you about it ^^ My family and I went shopping for last minute Christmas presents and then we wondered around looking at (and taking a plethora of photos of) the gorgeous Christmas decorations. Granada is such a beautiful city, filled with such character and charm, but it's even more magical during Christmas, when the streets are lit with pretty little lights!

After lunch we took a ten minute drive into Granada city center, and as soon as we stepped out of the carpack, my camera was out of my bag and being put to good use ^^ Mi hermana guapa: Chloe <3
As we strolled along, mi Abuelo told me about the roman bridge, and how it was the original road of Granada. I love a bit of history, it's one of the things that makes a city like Granada so cultural and precious.
If theres one thing that Granada has enough of it's water fountains... they are every where!
I just HAD to get a photo of mis Abuelos standing outside the church they got married in <3 If it weren't for their marriage, I wouldn't be here today!
A nativity set. One of the many things I find most beautiful about Granada, and Spain in general, is it's strong sense of catholicism. I have always found religion so fascinating and beautiful, and it has always been a keen interest of mine to learn about the many forms. 

  Granada preciosa.
I loved these lights,they looked so pretty ^^
Chloe and I kept gawping at the little mini dohnuts drizzled in chocolate that everyone seemed to have their mits on... we felt pretty left out, so we decided to join the queue, and man they were some tasty little Buñuelos!
After enjoying our Buñuelos we strolled around town for a little longer to admire the gorgeous scenery.

 Dad, Abuela Y Abuelo <3
 Mum and Chloe <3
 My cute little family <3
 On our way back to the car we stopped to pick up some roasted chestnuts. I think Christmas is made all the better with roasted chestnuts from the street... theres just something so cosy about sitting on a street bench in the crisp weather, all snuggled up in a big coat and scarf, with a handful of warm chestnuts! Does anybody else get where i'm coming from here!?
 I told you there are like a hundred and one fountains in Granada! ^^

I had a lovely day in Granada, and I look forward to going back into the city center (hopefully on boxing day!) to do some more shopping before heading back home to Cádiz. 

I can't believe it's only two days until Christmas! I hope you're all enjoying your holiday as much as I am!

-Alyssa xo

No comments:

Post a Comment