Sunday 1 December 2013

Girly Day Trip to Chester

Good morning December! Is anyone else as happy as I am that it's finally December!? Without a doubt, it's my favourite month of the year, with the festivity of Christmas, the excitement of a new year  that is just around the corner, and the general cosiness of winter... early sunsets, rainy mornings, snuggly woolens, the list goes on! 

My farewells to November and greetings to December could not have been any more perfect than it was yesterday! I had the wonderful pleasure of spending the day with my two beautiful girls Emma and Lucy in the gorgeous little city of Chester. It was a fun filled day of girly christmas shopping, and I enjoyed every single moment of it. I can't wait for our next adventure out of Bangor together! 

Of course, I took some photos to capture the beauty of the day!

The organized little bunch that we are, we woke up bright and early and were all nicely settled on the train by half nine, ready to start our journey to Chester! And what do three best friends do when they have an hour to kill and a camera at hand? Take a billion photos, of course! I'll spare you our serious camwhoring session, and just share a few captures of the bizillion ^^

We arrived in Chester an hour later, Emma already fed up with my camera (not a good start as my camera would be whipped out, capturing every s.i.n.g.l.e moment of our entire day, muahaha^^).

The Yankee store! If you hadn't already guessed from my rave about Yankee in my previous post, I am an avid fan of this store, and I have to go into one every time one is in my periphery. So, that's exactly what I did yesterday! I came out as a woman prepared for christmas with four new beautifully scented wax tarts... four of the ones I was a bit overly excited about in my last post; strawberry buttercream, christmas cookie, merry marshmallow and snowflake cookie! ^^ I have the merry marshmallow one melting now, and it is going to make my bedroom smell m.a.g.i.c.a.l.
Has Lucy been a good girl this year? mm... questionable.. 
Emma playing hide and seek with her new best friend... my camera. She can't get away that easy!
The Christmas decorations in Chester are absolutely beautiful, especially the tree! All of the pretty little lights just make the whole town center look even more quaint and cosy (which I didn't think possible, because Chester is already so incredibly cute without the need for Christmas lights)! For those active readers out there (thank you by the way! ^^) you'll know by now that I have a special place in my heart for pretty little lights, so last night in Chester was quite revitalizing!
 We found the cute little Christmas market too! 
To end our day in Chester we headed over to Starbucks and indulged in toffee nut lattes and hot chocolate. We don't have Starbucks in Bangor (BOO!), so this was an extra special treat, especially for me who is an (ex) regular Starbucks customer (I used to practically live in Starbucks the five years I lived in Singapore, I have so many precious memories of Starbucks times with friends <3).
 As you can see... I'm rather excited about my reunion with my best pally Starbucks.
 After Starbucks we hopped back onto the train to Bangorland, utterly exhausted from our hard days 'work'... shopping! Lucy (shamefully) hiding behind her abundant stash of new goodies....
It was quite a dangerous shopping trip... we bought so much stuff! I guess that's what happens when you take three besties (all equally over excited about Christmas and all the new pretty things in the stores) over to a land of shopping heaven...
I'll let you have a sneak peak inside our bags, because frankly, it is rather exciting! 



We also got some great bargains in Primark (I can't find them online so I couldn't include them in the above collection)... I won best bargain of the day, with a glittery purple high neck crop top (super christmasy!) for just one beautiful little GBP (*gasp*) AND a silver and black glittery skirt (you can never have too much glitter in December!) for just 2 GBPs! 

We ended the night perfectly... chilling out in my cosy little bedroom, fairy lights on, tinsel up, Yankee wax tart burning, Polar Express on the Tele and Lucy and Emma painting Christmasy nails (mine were already painted a Christmasy silver ^^). 

My day out with my girlies really did end November in a bang, and begin December with just the perfect pinch (when I say pinch... I mean bucketload ^^) of festivity. 

Happy 1st of December everybody!

-Alyssa xo

p.s don't forget to eat your first advent calendar chocolate (happy days!)!

2 comments: