Sunday 24 November 2013

Christmas Gift Idea

Christmas is coming up (yay!), and I think it's safe for me to assume that everyone is starting to get just a teensy weensy bit panicky about what gifts to buy for their loved ones... so I thought I'd help you out a little!

A few weeks ago I ordered a little something off of amazon. I had been wanting one of these bad boys since I first laid eyes on them when I was in a mahussive Yankee store ( a.k.a heaven) in the U.S. I didn't buy one because the plug obviously wouldn't fit my british plug socket back home in the UK, but Logan did, and I was oh so very jealous. Logan and I are both just a little bit obsessed with scented things, hence why going into a Yankee store together is always so incredibly dangerous.

So to summarize the story thus far....I didn't buy one of these beauties in the U.S. But Logan did, and I was jelly. SO.... I ORDERED ONE FOR MYSELF WHEN I GOT BACK TO THE UK, MUAHAHA ^^
....

The doorbell rang one fresh autumny (my new word of the day) morning.

I sprinted down the stairs as quickly as my short little (sadly) legs could carry me, and flung open the front door to greet the nice postman that had delivered my new found love.

I thanked the post man, and darted back up the stairs, into my bedroom and delicately threw (please do not wildly throw as the precious object may smash and make you cry like you've never cried before) the package onto the bed.

I wildly (this is the part you  where you can go crazy kids) attacked the box with all my might, trying to prise it open.

I realized (light bulb moments always make you feel so smart don't they?), however, that my opening skills would probably be enhanced if I used scissors to cut the tape surrounding the box... (the part where you don't feel so smart anymore because you've realize you've wasted so much precious time)...
Tadahhhhhh.... I hope you're not disappointed... because you shouldn't be! Although this baby doesn't look all that exciting, once it's been turned on (you naughty)... it burns like a dream.

You're probably still wondering... WHAT ON EARTH IS THIS THING!?... well my friends... meet the White Floral Electric Melt Warmer by Yankee Candle.
 You may now be wondering... WHAT ON EARTH DOES THAT MEAN!?

... Well... My friends... What it means is that you now have a wonderful contraption, that burns beautifully scented wax tarts, that there after fills your bedroom (my friends can actually smell it throughout the entire house!) with this exquisite smell of whatever tickles your fancy (depending on the scented tart that you choose to burn).

Once it has been plugged in, it warms up (nice and cosy) and melts the wax tart that you have put in the dish on the top.

There are also non-electric, candle versions, where a candle is placed within and is used to heat up the top dish which contains the wax tart. I have one of these in my bedroom back home in Spain (however I usually use it for oils rather than for wax). I love my candle one because as much as I love wonderful smells, I also love pretty little lights, and candles give me the best of both worlds! ^^ However, as I am living in a student house here in the UK, and as my house contract states 'no use of candles' (how upsetting!), I thought I'd give the electric one a try (thank goodness I did!).

The wax in this photo isn't actually a yankee wax tart, but one that I bought elsewhere. I have four different wax scents for my new burner: creme brûlée (which caused all my girl friends to believe they could smell pancakes... causing them to haphazardly run to the kitchen....just to be  greatly disappointed when I informed them that there weren't in fact any pancakes... and that the smell was coming from my sexy new burner), pomegranate, indian summer and sugar cookie (which is my favorite, and is burning right next to me as we speak, making my room smell like christmas! ^^).

Although I haven't tried any of the yankee candle wax tarts, I really would love to try some of their scents, some of them just sound so heavenly! Take a look at this, and tell me you don't feel the same way!?.... christmas cookie, christmas eve, christmas memories, cinnamon stick, honey & spice, merry marshmallow, november rain, salted caramel, snowflake cookie, strawberry buttercream... the list goes on!
As you have probably guessed from my exceptional enthusiasm towards this product.... I  ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT, and would really recommend it to anyone who loves wonderful smells as much as I do. Who wouldn't want their room/house to smell nice!? A wonderful christmas gift? I think so!

-Alyssa xo

No comments:

Post a Comment