Friday 22 November 2013

A Perfect Day for Alyssa: Horses and Cakes!

I had such a super lovely day on wednesday ^^  The A horse riding team had a competition against a few other university teams and I went with a few friends to go and support, take photos and have a bake sale to raise money for Riding for the Disabled (RDA). RDA is a charity which I have been greatly involved with for the past year and a half. It helps children and adults with mental and physical disabilities to ride horses, which provides them with a fun form of a therapeutic activity. Last year, Emma and I went to Anglesey Riding Center every wednesday to help out with RDA, and then to have a one hour riding lesson afterwards. It was always such a nice day for us both ^^ This year I am co-running Bangor University's (my university ^^) involvement with RDA, however sadly I have lectures every wednesday this year and have only been able to attend one RDA session, Emma and I are gutted!

Anyway... Here are a few photos that I took during the competition, and a video ^^




What made the event even more lovely was having my two girlies Emma and Lucy there as well ^^ The three of us baked cupcakes the night before and bought them for the cake sale, I must say, although ,guilty as charged...they were made from Betty Crocker mix ( but shhh! ^^), we were still quite proud when people were choosing to buy them ^^



My beautiful Lucy <3 Notice how we're all bundled up with layers upon layers of clothes... yeah well that's because it was FREEZING. We couldn't feel our feet the entire time we were there, and we were convinced our toes would have fallen off by the time we got back home to Bangor, thankfully we were relieved to find that our toes, were indeed, still in tact when we got home ^^
 
Emma, Jess, Alice and Lucy <3 Notice Alice's drawn on mustache!? Bless her, she's had this mustache painted on this entire November! You may be wondering why... well she's been wearing it for Movember. For those of you who don't know what Movember is... it is an annual month (November) long event that involves growing a mustache to raise awareness about male health issues, such as prostate cancer.  As Alice (being a girl and all ^^) can't grow her own mustache, she decided to draw one on and wear it for the entire month, with people sponsoring her to do so. The money she raises will then be donated to the Movember Foundation Charity.
The RDA bake sale table! .... yum!?


I had such a lovely time on wednesday, and I can't wait for the next riding event! Hopefully next time I will be able to capture some better photos, as all of mine this time round didn't really turn out well... most of them were blurry! I really need to learn how to use my camera... I've had it for three years now (oops...!).

Thanks for reading guys! I hope you all have a lovely weekend, take care... and don't forget to have fun!

-Alyssa xo

No comments:

Post a Comment