Saturday 23 November 2013

Time for a Laid Back Weekend!

This weekend is the perfect time for me to just write, write, write about whatever I please because I have all the time in the world! My weekend plans consist of lounging around in my oversized PJs, sipping on my favorite hot drinks (green tea and cola cao, I may even nip down to a coffee shop and enjoy myself a nice christmassy latte), indulging in mince pies (let the season for mince pies commence!), watching one of my all time favourite t.v series (The Vampire Diaries!...Which if you haven't seen before.. you really are missing out! Just saying... ^^), doing some extra psychology reading and note making (always fun for me!...And I'm not even kidding ^^), and blogging away to my hearts content! Sounds like quite a cosy little weekend doesn't it?

I've been wanting to give you a personal update for a little while now, so I guess now's my chance! ...

My exams have come and gone, Hallelujah! In fact I already have two of my grades back, both of which i'm really happy about and proud of, which is a great feeling because these are my first grades back this year! However, (yes, unfortunately there is a but here...) my other two exams, which I haven't yet got my grades back for, went horribly, and I know I didn't do very well on them. It made me quite upset because there's a lot of pressure this year to do well because unlike first year, all of my grades actually count towards my final degree classification... how scary is that!? But I guess what's done is done. I worked really hard, every day for three weeks, some days I was in the library for up to ten hours! The library certainly did become yet another place for me to call home! ^^

To celebrate the end of exams on friday, my friends and I went to a house party. It was so nice to have just a few hours of FUN (shocking news right here...it isn't all just work, work, work in university you know!?).

My beautiful Lucy <3

Welcome to a British University everybody! British University students are notorious drinkers! Thought I'd give you a little bit of evidence for this well known beastly behavioral fact...
As you can see, I am the one TAKING the photo rather than being IN the photo... what a good girl I am...learn from ME boys and girls... do not try this at home! ^^

Although friday night was an excusable night off (what with it being the end of exams and all... work hard play hard, right?), it was back to work on saturday night (saturday day was a total write off, I mean the day after a night out always is isn't it? ^^) and sunday.... because I had an assignment due on monday! -.-

What made my sunday all the more bearable was being able to see the gorgeous Maisie (I really think she looks like Mila Kunis!?). Maisie and I became friends just before we broke up for our summer holiday. I wish we had spent time together before the end of the academic year, because we get along so well, and we became really good friends within just a couple of weeks! Maisie is living in Spain this year, for her year abroad, and therefore it was so nice when she came back to Bangor for the weekend and we were able to have lunch together. I look forward for her return to Bangor for the next academic year, and being able to grow closer in friendship with her.
I made a post on Monday about mine and Logan's anniversary (you can read about it here), however I forgot to show you the gift that he sent me for it! I love it so much! I bought myself a pandora bracelet (which I had been wanting for years) when I was in the U.S over the summer, and one charm to go with it to represent my month in the U.S with Logan. So there my little charm was... hanging out all alone on my bracelet, making my bracelet look pretty pathetic next to the ones of my friends (which are full of charms), but now... I have TWO charms, and my charm doesn't look like such a loner anymore ^^ But anyway... besides the point... it's such a beautiful charm! He explained the symbolism behind it (because I told him when I bought the bracelet that I only wanted to buy charms for it that had meaning to me, and that symbolized something special in my life)...he told me the reason he chose this charm is because it's intertwinedness (I know... i'm becoming increasingly worse at making up new words ^^) symbolizes the four years we've been entwined in each others lives (how cute is that!?). And to make it all the more special, the stone dangling from the charm is amethyst, which is both of our birth stones (we're born one day apart! ^^).

If you actually finished reading this post... a big thank you and a mahussive  congratulations because I don't know how you managed to stick around to the end... as this was probably one of the most rambly posts i've ever written! ^^ That's the beauty of having nothing to do, I can just blubber on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on  and on  and on  and on  and on  and on  and on  and on  and on  and on... okay i'll stop now (wow i'm annoying today... good job i'm hibernating in my bedroom and not out and about pestering my friends, otherwise I'd have none left by the end of this weekend...!). 

I hope you're just as excited for your weekend as I am mine! 

-Alyssa xo

No comments:

Post a Comment