Thursday 7 November 2013

¡Hola desde España!

!Hola chicos! I'm currently back at home in nice sunny Spain, and I am so not looking forward to going back to dark rainy Wales tomorrow -.- Mostly because I don't want to go back to exams! I'm so stressed about exams, and preparing for them is literally all I've been doing this past week at home. I've only left the house (other than walking the dogs around the block) twice this whole week since I've been home! ... Lunch with my family on sunday, and breakfast at a churreria in La Linea this morning.

I've been at home in Spain since friday for reading week (my week off to study for exams), and although I've been studying my butt off this week, i've had such a lovely week. When I left Spain to go back to the UK for the new academic school year in September, I thought I wouldn't be back home until Christmas, and so this visit was totally unexpected and spontaneous. It's been so nice to just be at home with my family. I've enjoyed sleeping in my own bed, and being in my cosy little bedroom. I've loved being looked after by my parents and having a solid routine back in my life (even if only for a week... I really needed it)... waking up early like I used to do when I was in school, studying until lunch, having lunch with my parents, studying again, having 'tea time' (yes, i'm oh so very traditionally british in that sense ^^) with my parents and my sister when she gets home from school, studying YET again, having a wonderfully delicious and nutritious meal cooked by mummy, studying yet ONE LAST TIME, then sitting in my pj's in front of the telly, munching on chocolate and sipping green tea with my family <3 Super cosy week I've had... and to me it was quite perfect ^^ I love studying (being the nerd that I've always been) because it makes me feel productive, and makes me feel like I'm actually doing something important with my time. And being the ultimate creature of habit I love having a routine to my day ... in fact I kind of NEED to have a routine, i've realized that this year whilst being back in Wales living by myself... when I don't have a routine I get slightly miserable!

So although I haven't had a very eventful week, I still wanted to write a post about it, because its been super lovely, and it's been incredibly helpful in making me feel better about things and getting me back on track! ^^ Although I'm not quite ready to leave home again, I know i'll be back soon and I'm already extremely excited about coming back for christmas! But for the mean time, i've got plenty to keep me preoccupied in Wales; exams and assignments, and plenty to keep me happy and entertained; my wonderful friends, netball practice, horse riding, and upcoming christmas events (which I cannot withhold my excitement for! Eekk!! ^^).

Hasta pronto España, ¡Te quiero!

-Alyssa xo

p.s churros was divine this morning ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment