Wednesday 24 July 2013

Busy Bee

I can't believe it's nearly been a month since my last post! July has gone by so unbelievably fast! The reason I haven't been posting is because i've been so incredibly busy since I got home. I've been working as a sales assistant for Marks & Spencer in Gibraltar (Gibraltar is only about 20 minutes from my house). I've been waking up at 7.30 am every morning, starting work at 9.30 am, finishing work at 7.15 pm and getting home at 8.30pm every night for the past three weeks. I finish on friday though, so that I can have a week at home with my family before heading over to America for the whole of August.

I've only had three days off these last three weeks, and so i'll share with you what i've been doing other than working. I've been to the La Linea feria twice, which was nice because I hadn't been to a feria since I was about thirteen! Although I don't enjoy big rides, I love the atmosphere in Spain during feria week, everyone dresses in traditional Spanish wear, all the little girls in cute little flamenco dresses. Me and Chloe used to have our own when we were younger, I have a really cute photo of us somewhere with them on. I'll try and find it and put it on here if I manage to.

There are so many cute little food stalls in Spanish feria's, I just had to get a photo of one of them to show you!


This was the entrance to the Feria. It was so pretty! One of my favourite things in the world is lights at night time, whether they be natural lights or artificial. One reason I love Feria's is for their pretty lights.



I just HAD to get a waffle covered in nutella at one of the food stalls! They were just too tempting not to have one! It was delicious, hot straight from the oven! Unfortunately, I had to eat it much quicker than I would have liked (as I got it on the way out and had to finish it before getting back into the car), and therefore couldn't enjoy it as much as it deserved! I had to leave half of it behind! 



One afternoon I went to the pool, which again, I hadn't been to in years! So that was really nice and i'm so happy to finally have my pool back! I have so many childhood memories there, and it's really nice knowing that nothing has really changed in my community.

-Alyssa xo

No comments:

Post a Comment